Join our email list
Kim Cook For Portland City Council • District 5
North Deering, Riverton & Deering Center
As your City Councilor, I’ll work to ensure that Portland remains a vibrant, safe and affordable place to live, work and raise a family.
My husband Jon and I each own small businesses and are raising our three sons in Deering Center. They go to Longfellow and Lincoln and like most parents, we want them to get a great education, good jobs, and have the opportunity to someday raise their families in Portland. But it is not enough to simply want this for our kids. Portland is changing, and we need a proven leader who will ensure a bright future for Portland.
Portland should be a place that people want to raise their family and continue to live after retiring. It should be a place our young people want to return to and a place that attracts new comers who are looking for a thriving city with solid economic opportunities.
Shaping our city’s future will require smart investments in our schools, our infrastructure, and our neighborhoods. But it also requires a balance between funding our priorities and keeping property taxes and housing affordable.
Kim has a proven track record of solving problems creatively and collaboratively. She is an attorney whose practice focuses on government and community relations, advocating and advising nonprofit and public sector clients in the areas of affordable housing, health care and agriculture. She knows how government works and how to craft pragmatic solutions to address our challenges.
Kim will be a thoughtful and responsive voice for the residents of North Deering, Riverton and Deering Center. She knows that only by working together, can we move Portland forward!
Kim has been an active member of our community for over 15 years.
- Creative Portland Corporation, Board Member – which runs the First Friday Art Walk, 2
- Degrees Portland and other programs.Deering Center Neighborhood Association, Board Member
- Deering Center Neighborhood Association, Board Member
- Longfellow Parent Teacher Organization, Member (2011-present)
- Portland Zoning Board of Appeals, Former board member
- Portland Land Bank Commission, Former board member
- Portland Homeless Shelter Planning Taskforce, Off-Peninsula Representative (2015)
I ask for your vote this November and welcome your support in the coming months.